Senior Software Engineer
Do you want to work on developing green technology using the latest cloud & IoT technologies?
We are now searching for an experienced and engaged software engineer to join our team! You will help design, develop, and scale systems for monitoring power grids worldwide. Our products enable flexible & dynamic power grid operation, making integrating new renewable energy sources easier. You will work in a cross-functional team of talented developers, product specialists, and data scientists.
Who are we?
Heimdall Power is a fast-growing Norwegian-born tech company, established in 2016. With global ambitions from the beginning, we’re today present in 16 European countries as well as the U.S. We aim to help optimize power grids worldwide, promoting a swift, secure, and affordable green energy transition. Our unique offering combines software and sensors to increase capacity in existing power grids by 30% on average. This technology enables the integration of more renewable energy and electrification of consumption. Enabling more efficient use of what we already have reduces global carbon footprints while simultaneously creating value for society, industry, and our shareholders.
What you will you do?
- Development of current and new backend infrastructure and applications.
- Enhance the scalability of our API, ensuring it can efficiently handle our increasing user demands and data loads.
- Bring your perspective to testing, optimizing, and further developing our system.
- Collaborate with our software modeling team, developing complex data models.
- Contribute to a supportive and inclusive culture in the engineering team.
- Develop cutting-edge technology and further enhance your skills in cloud-native architecture.
Who are we looking for?
- BSc or MSc within a relevant field.
- 3+ years of experience with relevant technologies.
- Hands-on experience implementing and maintaining cloud-based infrastructure, preferably with Azure and using Infrastructure as code (IaC).
- Hands-on experience with the implementation and maintenance of Kubernetes and containerization. We see it as an advantage if you also have experience with Networking, Azure App services, and messaging services such as Azure Service Bus and Azure Event Hub.
- Strong programming skills with a desire to write understandable and testable code, using C# and .NET
- You are interested in playing your part in the green transition.
- You are a self-motivated independent thinker who wants to build products.
Further, it would be great, but not required, if you have experience with any of the following:
- IoT architectures, Azure IoT Hub, Digital twins.
- Scaling databases.
- Time series data.
- Web API design.
- Experience from the energy industry or similar.
- Previous start-up experience.
- A Platform Engineer mindset is a plus.
What can we offer?
First of all, you will be a part of a company that is scaling, particularly with a unique position and product in a high-demand market, providing the opportunity to embark on a dynamic growth journey with significant potential for professional development and impact.
We also want to emphasize the opportunity to engage in pioneering Norwegian technology expansion globally, being a part of and taking charge of innovation. Contribute directly to the green transition, where sustainability is not just a goal but a fundamental ethos.
Your work will be instrumental in significantly reducing CO2 emissions, as evidenced by our annual reports showcasing tangible impact.
We also offer:
- Competitive salary and stock options program.
- Pension at 7%.
- Positive, flexible, and trust-based work environment.
- Great office centrally located in Oslo, one of Europe’s fastest-growing cities.
- Flexible working conditions.
- Choice of equipment and other necessary tools to ensure you have everything you need to perform your role effectively.
- Great colleagues & social events.
- Great coffee from the local Nord coffee roastery to keep your engine running.
If you have any questions or other inquiries regarding this position, feel free to send an email to email@example.com.