Do you want to work on developing green technology using the latest cloud & IoT technologies? We are searching for a new software engineer to join our team. You will help design, develop and scale systems for monitoring power grids all over the world. Our products enable flexible & dynamic operation of the power grid, making it easier to integrate new sources of renewable energy. You will be working in a cross-functional team of talented developers, product specialists and data scientists.
Who we are
Heimdall Power is a fast-growing Norwegian-born tech company, established in 2016. We have global ambitions and are already present in 16 European countries as well as the U.S. We aim to help optimize power grids worldwide, promoting a swift, secure and affordable green energy transition. Our unique offering combines software and sensors to increase capacity in existing power grids by 30% on average. This technology enables the integration of more renewable energy and electrification of consumption. Enabling more efficient use of what we already have reduces global carbon footprints while at the same time creating value for society, industry and our shareholders.
What you will be working with
- Development of current and new backend infrastructure and applications
- Bring your perspective to testing, optimizing, and further developing our system
- Collaborate with our software modelling team, developing complex data models
- Contribute to a supportive and inclusive culture in the engineering team
- Develop cutting-edge technology and further enhance your skills in cloud-native architecture
Who are we looking for
- BSc or MSc within a relevant field
- Hands-on experience implementing and maintaining Azure-based infrastructure, using Infrastructure as code (IaC).
- Hands-on experience with implementation and maintenance of Kubernetes, Azure Functions, Stream Analytics, and messaging services such as Azure Service Bus and Azure Event Hub
- Strong programming skills with a desire to write understandable and testable code, using C# and .NET
- You are interested in playing your part in the green transition.
- You are a self-motivated independent thinker who wants to build products
Further, it would be great, but not required, if you have experience with any of the following
- IoT architectures, Azure IoT Hub, Digital twins
- Experience from the energy industry or similar
- Previous start-up experience
- Platform Engineer mindset a plus
What we offer
- Competitive salary and stock options program
- Positive, flexible and trust-based work environment
- Great office centrally located in Oslo, one of Europe’s fastest growing cities.
- Flexible working conditions
- Great colleagues & social events
- Great coffee from the local Nord coffee roastery